Cattle Handling Safety Awareness Session – King Island
Safe Farming Tasmania and our friends at the TFGA, Primary Employers, Nutrien Ag, and Elders are facilitating a series of practical information sessions around the state to raise awareness of safety around livestock handling, and the many other issues currently affecting beef growers and their workers.
The sessions have been developed in consultation with our key stakeholders including beef growers, rural sector leaders, and industry experts.
The aim of the sessions is to provide practical guidance and education, encourage positive conversations and networking opportunities, and to:
• Positively influence worker safety, including mental health.
• Recognise stockyard and livestock handling hazards and improve stockyard safety and design.
• Retain skilled workers and attract new workers to the industry.
• Recognise the importance of training.
• Reduce injuries and associated insurance costs, and promote safe and healthy workplaces.
• Raise awareness around biosecurity issues, burning safely and emergency assistance.
All sessions commence at 12pm with a BBQ lunch, presentation with kick off at 12:30pm. Registrations are required for catering purposes.